Location: Georgia, countrywide
Event: The Georgian government announced today that the prohibition on car traffic has been extended until 6:00am on Monday, April 27. This includes taxis but does not apply to cargo transportation and delivery vehicles. Pedestrian movement is allowed. Although grocery stores and pharmacies will remain open, we recommend you use delivery services instead, which will continue to operate. In addition, the government is expected to extend the State of Emergency until May 22. See our March 21 Alert for details of what the SOE means.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Georgia.
- Reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 by following the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit travel.state.gov for the latest information on COVID-19 travel restrictions worldwide.
U.S. Embassy Tbilisi, Georgia
29 Georgian American Friendship Avenue, Didi Dighomi
(995)(32) 227-7724 (M-F 8:30-5:30)
(995)(32) 227-7000 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Georgia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter