September 20, 2019
Location: Outside the Parliament building on Rustaveli Avenue in downtown Tbilisi
Event: A demonstration is expected to take place at approximately 7:00pm today (Friday, September 20) to mark the three month anniversary since the protest activities on June 20. Some streets may be closed. U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid the area as there is always the potential for large gatherings to become violent.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstration activity.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Tbilisi, Georgia
(995)(32) 227-7724 (M-F 8:30-5:30)
(995)(32) 227-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Georgia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Please see U.S. Embassy Tbilisi Security Message on Demonstrations: https://ge.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.