Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Event: The U.S. Embassy has seen calls for demonstrations in front of Parliament and in downtown Tbilisi on July 2 and 3. Crowds have in the past and may block Rustaveli Avenue and other streets during demonstrations. This can cause traffic disruptions and travel delays.
The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that large crowds are unpredictable. Confrontations and violence among event attendees, counterdemonstrators, and police can occur with little or no warning. U.S. government personnel are advised to exercise caution when traveling downtown and to avoid all areas of demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Tbilisi, Georgia
(995)(32) 227-7724 (M-F 8:30-5:30)
(995)(32) 227-7000 (after hours)
- State Department â€“ Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Georgia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter