Saturday, June 22: A parade and/or public event in downtown Tbilisi, exact location still to be confirmed.
Members and supporters of the LGBTQI community plan to hold a parade and/or public event to mark Pride Week on Saturday, June 22. We anticipate the event could draw sizable crowds. This is the first year that public events are planned in Georgia in association with Pride Week. In the past, public events involving the self-expression of members and supporters of this community have resulted in heated and sometimes violent response from counterdemonstrators including injuries and property damage. U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid any area where a large crowd is gathering.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstration activity.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Tbilisi, Georgia
(995)(32) 227-7724 (M-F 8:30-5:30)
(995)(32) 227-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Georgia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Please see U.S. Embassy Tbilisi Security Message on Demonstrations: https://ge.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.