Location: Outside the Parliament building in downtown Tbilisi
Event: Potential Protest Activity at Parliament building on November 14, 2019. There have been calls for a larger demonstration at 19:00pm.
U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid large crowds and demonstrations and to prepare for anticipated traffic delays and disruptions in that area.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstration activity.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Tbilisi, Georgia
(995)(32) 227-7724 (M-F 8:30-5:30)
(995)(32) 227-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Georgia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Please see U.S. Embassy Tbilisi Security Message on Demonstrations: https://ge.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/