U.S. Embassy Tbilisi informs U.S. citizens that demonstrations related to the Rustavi-2 court case are expected to take place in front of the Old Parliament Building on Rustaveli Avenue in Tbilisi beginning at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 11, 2017. The event is expected to last several hours, and reports anticipate there will be approximately 10,000 people.
U.S. citizens should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Georgia’s Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact U.S. Embassy Tbilisi located at 11 George Balanchine Street, Tbilisi, at + 995 322 277 000, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is + 995 322 277 000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.