Bringing America to Georgia
American Corners are small, American-style community centers located in libraries and other public spaces. They operate through joint partnerships to promote cooperation and understanding between the people of the United States and Georgia by providing accurate information about the U.S. Access to American Corners and their collections are free and open to all interested Georgians of all ages.
Major programs and regular activities at all American Corners include American speakers, American movie screenings, English language classes, storytelling and book clubs, debate and discussion clubs, MakerSpace activities and U.S. holiday celebrations.
American Corners offer important learning, collaboration, and communication resources, such as books, films, games, MakerSpace equipment including 3D printers, and internet access.
How can we benefit from the Corners?
- Improve your English language skills;
- Learn about opportunities to study at universities in the U.S.;
- Expand your knowledge of leadership and entrepreneurship;
- Attend interesting public programs in English and Georgian languages;
- Explore American holidays and traditions;
- Learn about American society and democratic values;
- Get hands-on experience using modern technologies;
- Access more than 6,000 books covering a range of topics and 500+ audio and video materials;
- Play over 30 games designed for people of different ages;
- Use these resources to develop your own ideas and projects; and
- Make friends and meet like-minded people.
American Corners in Georgia
American Corner Akhaltsikhe
Akhaltsikhe Central Library
#6a Tamar Mephe Street
Facebook: American Corner Akhaltsikhe
American Corner Marneuli
Marneuli Public Library
73 Rustaveli St., Marneuli
American Corner Zugdidi
Zugdidi Central Library
#58 Merab Kostava Street
Facebook: Zugdidi American Corner
American Shelf Ambrolauri
Ambrolauri Public Library
21, Kostava street
American Shelf Khulo
Khulo Library and Cultural Center
1, Chavchavadze street
American Shelf Kvareli
Located in Public School #1
Address: 5, Saakadze chikhi
U.S. Embassy Tbilisi
#29 Georgian – American Friendship Avenue
open by appointment only