Female NASCAR driver promotes women’s empowerment (May 21)
TBILISI, May 21, 2018—The U.S. Embassy will bring NASCAR racecar driver Jennifer Jo Cobb to Georgia May 27-June 2 as part of a one-week campaign called “Women Can Do Anything.”
Media outlets are invited to join Jennifer Cobb, Georgian female race car drivers, and Chargé d’Affaires Elizabeth Rood at a press conference launching the campaign on Monday, May 28, at 19:00 in the Tbilisi Sakrebulo.
Ms. Cobb will hold a series of free public engagements and workshops, listed below:
- Monday, May 28, 14:30, Spectri Vocational College Tbilisi, 10 Besarion Chichinadze Street (this venue is handicapped accessible). Open to the public.
- Tuesday, May 29, 14:30, Zugdidi Tech Park, 2 Lagidze Street. Open to the public.
- Tuesday, May 29, 17:00, Poti, New Georgian University, 1 Guria Street. Open to the public.
- Wednesday, May 30, 13:00 Kobuleti, New Wave Vocational College, 154 Rustaveli Street. Open to the public
- Wednesday, May 30, 16:00, Batumi State University Main Hall. 35/32 Ninoshvili/Rustaveli Street. Open to the public.
- Thursday, May 31, 15:00, Gori Military Academy, meeting with female and male cadets. Closed event.
- Saturday, June 2, 11:00-16:00, Rustavi International Motorpark, for Race Day! See Jen and other female racecar drivers race. Open to the public.
On Sunday, May 27, at 11:00, Ms. Cobb will take part in the first leg of the “Driving with Zoe” rally race with British race Car driver Zoe Whittaker, in cooperation with the British-Georgian Chamber of Commerce and the Embassy of the United Kingdom.
Ms. Cobb’s visit to Georgia is funded by the U.S. Embassy Tbilisi, in cooperation with the Millennium Challenge Corporation and the following organizations: Rustavi International Motorpark, The Women’s Autosport Federation of Georgia, PEM Consult, Rustavi Municipality, The Cultural Department of Tbilisi Sakrebulo, and the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia.
Jennifer Jo Cobb is a professional racecar driver, NASCAR team owner, public speaker, and entrepreneur. Jennifer began racing at the grassroots level of NASCAR in Kansas City in 1991. She now owns her own racing team and competes worldwide. She currently competes in both the NASCAR Camping World Truck and Nationwide Series.
For press inquiries, please contact email@example.com