Event: On March 30, the government of Georgia announced additional restrictive measures on movement and gatherings throughout the country in a continuing attempt to contain and curtail the outbreak of COVID-19. The language of the announcement is available on its website (Georgian only).
The restrictions include the following:
- Effective March 31 at 8:00 a.m., a curfew will be in effect restricting all travel between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- All public transportation is prohibited; only travel by taxi and personal cars will be allowed.
- A maximum of 3 people is allowed in a vehicle, with only the driver allowed in the front seat.
- Gatherings of 3 or more people are prohibited, except in grocery stores and pharmacies where patrons must be two meters apart from each other.
- Persons age 70 or older are prohibited to leave their residence unless going to the closest grocery store, pharmacy, or hospital.
- All persons must carry ID with them at all times
Everyone in Georgia should continue to practice good social distancing measures. The government will continue to allow grocery stores, pharmacies, and other essential businesses to remain open.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Georgia.
- Reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 by following the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the travel.state.gov for the latest information on COVID-19 and travel restrictions worldwide.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Tbilisi, Georgia
29 Georgian American Friendship Avenue, Didi Dighomi
(995)(32) 227-7724 (M-F 8:30-5:30)
(995)(32) 227-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Georgia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter