If you are currently in Georgia and are trying to get to the United States, please contact the embassy
The U.S. Embassy has confirmed availability of seats on commercial flights leaving Georgia on the dates below. Please contact the airlines or a travel agent directly to book these flights. These are not U.S. government-operated or funded flights. Availability and cancellations are controlled by the airlines. While additional flights may be available later, at this time these flights are the only known way to leave Georgia. If you need to leave Georgia, we strongly encourage you to book one of these flights now. If you cannot afford to purchase a ticket on these flights, contact the embassy for information about other assistance options and eligibility requirements.
- 31 March – Tbilisi to Amsterdam (STILL A FEW SEATS AVAILABLE)
- 3 April – Tbilisi to Warsaw (operated by LOT; available for purchase starting 1 April)
- 3 April – Tbilisi to Berlin SXF (available for purchase soon; transfer options to USA may be very limited)
- 4 April – Tbilisi to London (STILL A FEW SEATS AVAILABLE)
- 7 April – Tbilisi to Athens (not available for purchase yet)
- 10 April – Tbilisi to Larnaca, Cyprus (not available for purchase yet)
All these flights are operated by Georgian Airways except the Warsaw flight, operated by LOT:
- Georgian Airways (head office located at Rustaveli Ave. #12, Tbilisi) georgian-airways.com
- LOT Polish Airline lot.com
Connecting flights to the United States from Amsterdam and London are currently operating, however they may involve layovers and/or additional connections in Europe or the U.S. to reach a preferred destination city in the U.S. Read this information for U.S. Citizens Returning from Europe (scroll about halfway down the page) regarding where U.S. citizens are allowed to transit en route to the United States.
Transit passengers in Amsterdam will not be allowed to leave the terminal regardless of the wait time between flights.
Note that flights from Europe are only being permitted to fly into 13 specific airports in the United States, as detailed on the Department of Homeland Security’s website, so you will need to plan your travel route accordingly.
We understand how difficult the current situation is, especially for those of you who are separated from your loved ones, trying to decide whether to stay in Georgia or trying to get home to the United States. We continue to explore options to assist U.S. citizens in Georgia; please let us know what assistance you need!
And please encourage your fellow U.S. citizens in Georgia to enroll in our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so that everyone will receive our future emails and alerts.
American Citizen Services
U.S. Embassy Tbilisi
(+995 32) 227-7724 / after hours (+995 32) 227-7000