Location: Georgia, countrywide
Event: This is a reminder to maintain a high level of security awareness during the holiday season. In recent years, transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by violent extremist ideology throughout Europe focused on locations such as Christmas holiday markets, New Years’ celebrations, shopping malls, airports, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by tourists.
While there is no specific information against Americans in Georgia, it is important to remain aware of your surroundings and exercise good personal security practices even while many places are closed or will have limited operating hours during the holidays. Please review recently updated information regarding COVID holiday restrictions imposed by the Government of Georgia here.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Georgia
- Reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 by following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC’s) latest recommendations. Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page and consult the CDC’s Travel Health Notice for Georgia.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates