Location: Near the Administrative Boundary Line with Russian-occupied South Ossetia
Event: In light of current events, we remind U.S. citizens to avoid traveling near the administrative boundary line (ABL) that divides South Ossetia from Tbilisi-administered territory. U.S. Embassy personnel are restricted from traveling in the vicinity of the ABLs of the Russian-occupied regions of both South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid traveling near the administrative boundary lines (ABLs).
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Tbilisi, Georgia
(995)(32) 227-7724 (M-F 8:30-5:30)
(995)(32) 227-7000 (after hours and holidays)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Georgia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter