Location: The region
Event: The security situation in Ukraine continues to be unpredictable and may further deteriorate with little notice. There is credible media reporting of Russian attacks in or near a number of major Ukrainian cities, and further Russian military action can occur at any time without warning.
Although the Embassy is unaware of any specific threats in Georgia, U.S. government personnel are, as always, strongly encouraged to remain vigilant, alert to their surroundings, and to take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness. Regional concerns can prompt demonstrations and rallies here in Georgia. U.S. government personnel are reminded to avoid demonstrations and rallies as even peaceful gatherings and demonstrations can turn violent quickly.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Tbilisi, Georgia
(995)(32) 227-7724 (M-F 8:30-5:30)
(995)(32) 227-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Georgia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter