The U.S. Embassy in Tbilisi informs U.S. citizens in Georgia that currently, we have no specific or credible threat information regarding U.S. government equities or private U.S. citizens in the Republic of Georgia. However, after the Georgian Security Services’ counter-terrorism operation in Tbilisi’s Isani district on November 21-22, 2017, the U.S. Embassy recommends U.S. citizens in Georgia remain alert and exercise caution, particularly during the holiday season.
Concerns remain about the potential for future terrorist attacks throughout Europe. Please see the Department’s European Travel Alert (https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/Europe.html) issued on November 16, 2017, which provides more information.
In the event there is political, criminal, or terror related violence in Tbilisi, you will be notified via email and/or text message. Emergency notifications are also posted on our website, located here: https://ge.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/
Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information about security in Georgia:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Georgia’s Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact U.S. Embassy Tbilisi located at 11 George Balanchine Street, Tbilisi, at +995 322 277 000, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +995 322 277 000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.