The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Tbilisi, is pleased to announce an open competition for Georgian non-profit/non-governmental organizations, universities, and educational institutes to submit proposals for a project “The Tech Women Showcase” promoting Georgian women who excel in the fields of science and technology via thematic photographic competition and exhibition.
PAS will award up to $ 5000 for this project. The application deadline is February 9, 2016, till 6:00 PM.
The recipient must solicit images based on an open competition, and select images through a panel of judges. One judge should be an American citizen. Project should be advertised to all regions of Georgia. Photos should be recent, taken within the last year.
The final showcase should include a photographic exhibition at an art gallery or other public venue, in coordination with U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Office. The cost of printing the photographs must be included in the grant proposal.
The proposal may also include an educational and outreach component that teaches photography skills and/or informs the public about STEM careers for women.
“The Tech Women Showcase” is meant to strengthen public awareness of the role of women in science, highlight the lucrative career opportunities in science, engineering, education, and math (STEM) fields, and encourage more women and their parents to research STEM degrees and STEM careers.
Please submit an application that includes the following:
- Project activities description that explains how the applicant intends to advertise the call for images and collect the images from all regions of Georgia;
- A narrative that details any proposed outreach activities;
- Dates and locations of the proposed photo exhibition, with proof of the ability to utilize the venue;
- Detailed project budget that lists all costs for promotion, outreach, printing, framing, etc;
- The resumes or CVs of the project administration staff, and selection committee if known;
Schedule: Projects must begin immediately after recipient selection.
If you have questions, please contact:
Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy in Tbilisi
NOTE: While submitting a proposal or sending an inquiry, please make sure to indicate the name of the project in the subject line of your email, otherwise your email may not considered.