Please note the following important information:
- Passports generally take about four weeks to arrive, but COVID-related mail delays may mean longer wait times. Routine passport services are available by appointment only. Click here to make an appointment. Each applicant needs a separate appointment.
- If you have a true emergency need for a passport more quickly, an emergency passport (EPDP) can be issued in 1-2 hours, but is only valid for up to a year and must be exchanged later for a full-validity passport.
- Email us at AskConsulTbilisi@state.gov for an appointment if you have a true emergency need for a passport.
- If you were issued an emergency limited validity passport (EPDP) because of an urgent need to travel, we encourage you to replace it with a full-validity passport immediately upon completion of your trip.
- You may exchange the EPDP free of charge for a full-validity passport within one year of the issuance of the limited passport. To do so, please email AskConsulTbilisi@state.gov for an appointment and bring the following to your appointment: