U.S. Embassy Summer Reading Challenge 2023 for American Spaces in Georgia
Open to all children in Georgia, ages 5 to 18
Americans believe that reading is one of the best ways to explore the world during the summer school holiday. The Summer reading Challenge is one of the best American traditions, when millions of American children spend most of the time reading the books.
This year U.S. Embassy Tbilisi invites every child in Georgia to join the Embassy’s Summer Reading Challenge and reading the books with us.
The program is simple:
Find any book written in Georgian or English, read it, complete a book report form, by clicking the link attached to the announcement and return that form to an American Space in Georgia either electronically or in person by August 31. Certificates will be issued starting after October 1 and will be announced on the American Spaces Facebook.
Please, note that the Embassy will not be accepting the forms.
- Every child who reads 500 pages will receive a silver certificate signed by the U.S. Embassy.
Pages read in English language will count for double.
- Every child who reads 1,000 pages will receive a gold-level certificate signed by U.S. Embassy. Again, pages read in English count for double.
- Every child who reads 10,000 pages will receive a platinum-level certificate signed by the U.S. Embassy. Again, pages read in English count for double.
For more information and book report forms, please, visit a nearest American Space Facebook.
- Tbilisi American Corner – Youth palace, 6, Rustaveli Avenue
- Rustavi American Corner – Rustavi Central Library, 11, Shartava street
- Marneuli American Corner – Marneuli Central Library, 71, Rustaveli street
- Khashuri American Corner – Kashuri Central Library, 4, Dzneladze street
- Kutaisi American Corner – Kutaisi Central Library for Children, 2, Dumbadze street
- Zugdidi American Corner – Zugdidi Central Library, 58, Merab Kostava street
- Batumi American Corner – Batumi Central Library, 21, Vazha Pshavela Street
- Telavi American Corner – Telavi Central Public Library, #1, Erekle II street
- Akhaltsikhe American Corner – Akhaltsikhe Central Library, 11, Tamar Mephe Street
- The U.S. Embassy Bookmobile – Tserovani, Prezeti and Galavani
- Gori American Shelf – Gori Central Library, 8, Stalin Street
- Khulo American Shelf – Cultural Center Library – #1, Chavchavadze Street
- Kvareli American Shelf – 2, Saakadze street
- Ozurgeti American Shelf – Ozurgeti Central Library, 9, 26 May Street
- Odzisi American Shelf – Odzisi Public School
- Akhalkalaki American Shelf – Public School #3 after Ilia Chavchavadze
- Tsalenjikha American Shelf – Youth House, 3, Gamsakhurdia street
- Ambrolauri American Shelf – Ambrolauri Public Library, 21, Kostava Street
Children may find their books at the American Space, public library, school library, home, stores, borrow from friends or family members, or elsewhere in the community. Any book is fine!
We encourage all those who love to read, including adults, to join this campaign by sharing their own summer reading books on social media using #SpendYourSummerReading.
We wish you all happy summer reading!